Friday, January 24, 2014

Deepening Twitter Opportunities


I like to use Twitter professionally. I follow people I know, respect, and learn from regularly. I also follow people I think are fascinating in a variety of fields, hoping to be inspired in creative ways. Twitter seldom fails to provide something inspiring.

In education, I want to deepen how I use Twitter. I've mainly incorporated Twitter as a back channel and place to connect, send reminders, document important moments, and share cool experiences. I also used Twitter in-class time for a wall to put up ideas and responses to work in groups. This video talks about a few more ways to use Twitter:


On top of that, this article from Edudemic really breaks down the layers of how to use Twitter, and I'm intrigued by the idea of doing a chat and some of the other options.

This page takes different Twitter applications and moves them up and down in Bloom's taxonomy.

This page looks at a spectrum for teacher use of Twitter in the classroom. I like the idea to "mash" twitter and another piece of media. I know when my son's school was on lockdown, I went to Twitter to hear from him and others while we all waited for "official" news of what was going on.

Then there is the Twitter party.

I would also like to do something with Twitter lists. This article has information about ways to use Twitter lists in education from in the classroom to Professional Development.

Finally, this video reports on a journal study (abstract is on the YouTube video page) showing that student engagement increased in classes that used Twitter specifically.



I hope to hear about other ways people incorporate Twitter in a meaningful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment